Skills in 2022: Why Buy vs. Build is the Wrong Question
10th February 2022Time
Donald H TaylorRegister now
How does your organization tackle skills gaps? As employers increasingly face challenges around their employees’ skill, the old dilemma of whether to buy or build skills takes on a new urgency.
Recruiting may fill a skills gap in the short term but is often both costly and ineffective. Does that mean organizations should instead always aim to build skills? Not necessarily.
Join Donald Taylor and Andy Andrews as they explore where skills gaps come from, why they will always be with us, and how a nuanced approach to them enables organizations to deal with skills issues faster, more cost-effectively, and with greater impact.
In this webinar we will consider:
- The skills in greatest demand in 2022
- Premium and commodity skills and how they change
- Using the Talent Grid to guide the build/buy decision
- What roles does the ‘Great Resignation’ play in all this?
- Underpinning your strategy with the right tools
Andy Andrews is a Director and Principal Consultant at Lexonis and has gained a wealth of experience by helping many notable public and private sector organisations to successfully implement skill and competency management programs.